It's that time of year again... the summer is over (in London anyway - and yes you can just about tell the difference). It's that time when our thoughts turn to snow, and the winter catalogues have started dropping into the mailbox, so we're salivating over the new season outerwear.
Every year it's the same thought process:
Left brain: "I have a perfectly good set of outerwear, I will resist. I am immune to advertising. Get thee behind me, Burton."
Right brain: "Ooh, that's nice. Maybe I do need a new jacket."
Left brain: "No! The credit card shall not be touched!"
Right brain: "But it's got little cartoons on it!"
Left brain: "I said no. Go sit in the corner."
Right brain (adopts wheedling tone): "But look, it's very practical. It's got a snowskirt, and lots of pockets, and a place to put your mp3, and revolutionary fabric."
Left brain: "Hmm. Revolutionary fabric, you say? Well there's no harm in trying it on..."
This year, just for you guys, we will be putting our left brains and our credit card balances at risk by browsing the best the skiwear industry has to offer, and blogging it here. Check in throughout September to see how our window shopping is going.
No comments:
Post a Comment